Colorful May Day baskets fun, simple to make with childrenThese easy peasy May Day baskets are a great craft for you and the kiddos.
By: By Melinda Lavine, INFORUM
These easy peasy May Day baskets are a great craft for you and the kiddos.
What you’ll need
Bright, plastic cups
For “petals”: Patterned scrapbook or construction paper
Permanent marker, pencil or pen for tracing
May Day treats: Candies, small toys, etc.
Optional: Green construction paper for “name” leaf
1. On scrapbook or construction paper, lay cup top-side down.
2. Trace outline with writing utensil.
3. Hand-sketch petals around outline. Cut around petals.
4. Press scissors in the center of outline. Cut triangle shapes from the center out toward the “rim” of the cup outline. (These triangle shapes help keep petal form secure around cup.) If triangles are too long, trim bottoms.
5. Place cup inside the flower, with triangle cut-outs folding inward and down.
6. Fill with May Day treats.
Optional: Cut leaf shaped name card out of green construction paper. Write the name of May Day basket recipient in permanent marker.